How Does Chiropractic Work?

Chiropractic is based on the scientific fact that your body is designed to be a self regulating, self healing organism.  The brain, spinal cord, and all the nerves of the body control these important functions.

Dr. Leonard makes an adjustment.Chiropractic works by restoring your own inborn ability to be healthy.  A common interference to the nervous system is dysfunction of the 24 moving bones of the spinal column.  A loss of normal motion or misalignment of these bones can impair the function of the nervous system.  This is not always noticed by the patient.  Out of all the nerves in the body, only 10 percent have to do with pain, the other 90 percent have to do with bodily function. 

Through a series of adjustments (manipulation) the chiropractor works to realign and restore proper spinal health. 

Next article: The Chiropractor's Education